Y7 trip to Wakehurst Place
- My favourite organism was a water mite because it is very small and looks see through: Seth 7M
- We went to Wakehurst Place to study reed beds and rivers, looking for different aquatic invertebrates from miniscule water mites to large caddis fly larvae: Tommy 7D
- One of my favourite parts of the trip was seeing the different ways that each organism swam. My favourite was the Greater Water Boatman because it swam like it was relaxing in a pool: Jasper 7D
- It was really cool to see how the creatures moved and actually how detailed their bodies are: Jimmy 7D
- By using nets we fished out small water invertebrates. My group caught the biggest caddisfly larvae our Wakehurst guide had seen: Ella 7D
- I learnt that the conditions of the water like temperature, water clarity, pH and depth can all affect the way creatures live: Elodie 7D
13 March 2020
On Wednesday 11 March the Reception children went on a visit to the nature trail at Coolings Garden Centre in Knockholt. There was great excitement, even before we boarded the minibus in our salopettes, coats and wellies.
12 March 2020
Whilst the heavy rain did make the trip via Alfriston village a little tricky it also served to highlight the spectacular meanders and creeks of the River Cuckmere’s floodplain in the Spring sunshine and allow the ‘New Cut’ to be in full spate and speed along to the sea at low tide. As it did so the fast-flowing water actively undercut and eroded the shingle beach causing mini land or ‘shingle’ slides before our very eyes.
26 February 2020
The Art Department is delighted to congratulate Henry on receiving an Art Scholarship to Tonbridge School.
24 February 2020
Robert Baden-Powell would have turned 163 on 22 February this year and Rose Hill School pupils celebrate his birthday every year.
14 May 2016
Y3 visit the Science lab for a lesson with Mr Mansfield.
09 May 2016
On Thursday 5th May, the Art Extension groups went to Tonbridge School for a ceramics trip with Mrs Moore and the ceramicist-in-residence Lydia Hardwick.
05 May 2016
Year 7 visited Canterbury Cathedral on Tuesday as part of their History studies.
22 March 2016
1st team come third in the IAPS 7s tournament held at Oundle School.