Rose Hill School Focus Day
Our first Focus Day of the year was a great success! Prep School pupils were immersed in learning for a day about a particular topic , acquiring and applying knowledge. The four Key Strands of Enterprise, Adventure, Enquiry and Philanthropy were woven into every child’s experience through outdoor learning, risk taking, creativity, investigation, collaboration, curiosity, presentation, global awareness and communication to name a few!
- Year 3 – English – woodland poetry day
- Year 4 - Religious Studies, focus on Diwali - cookery, dancing, art and drama using wooden masks
- Year 5 – Art and DT, focus on charcoal - the history of charcoal, making charcoal burners, using charcoal in drawing and bark rubbing
- Year 6 – History, focus on the Victorians - making Victorian tiles using tessellation, playing Victorian games such as hopscotch, Christmas cards and paper chains, and a Victorian school experience
- Year 7 & 8 – Science focus on the lungs - lung capacity experiments, dissection, history of surgery and anatomy art
15 September 2021
The Rose Hill School U11 football team were crowned tournament champions at the annual Kent Prep Schools 5-a-side tournament held at St Michael’s Prep School on Saturday.
14 May 2021
Our third Focus Day was another inspiring and exciting experience for our Prep School pupils.
13 May 2021
Pupils at Rose Hill School gathered together last Friday to bury a time capsule marking the end of what has been an extraordinary year. The capsule included items from all pupils reflecting on both the positive and negative experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown. The time capsule was part of Wellness Week, an annual event in the school calendar.
05 May 2021
Science Week caused a flap of ‘eggcitement’ across Rose Hill School last week where the whole school looked at life cycles. The children welcomed two sets of chick eggs into the school and children enjoyed witnessing the miraculous journey from lifeless egg to cheeky chick.
16 October 2020
With a good degree of yaw and pitch STEAM week got off to a flying start.
25 September 2020
Years 7 & 8 took full advantage of being outside in the sunshine on Monday with a day of team building activities.
09 September 2020
Rose Hill School has this September launched their new curriculum, Curriculum 2020. The new framework has been designed over the last 18 months using feedback from universities and the employment sector, international trends in education, a breadth of educational research findings and consultation with local senior schools.
13 March 2020
On Wednesday 11 March the Reception children went on a visit to the nature trail at Coolings Garden Centre in Knockholt. There was great excitement, even before we boarded the minibus in our salopettes, coats and wellies.